Tuesday 2 July 2024

2024 Sporadic-E poor but one highlight ZD7BG

The 2024 Sporadic-E season has not been good for me this year, a few openings as high as 70 MHz, but no Band II FMDX except for one day when I was away at work so missed it.

Best DX for me this year was at 1900 UTC on Monday 1st July 2024 on 50 MHz FT8 when I worked ZD7BG on Saint Helena island in locator square IH74DB, a distance of 7830km.

The propagation was a combination of TEP+Es, with the Es having a good open path at the time between the UK and North Africa.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

2024 Sporadic-E poor but one highlight ZD7BG

The 2024 Sporadic-E season has not been good for me this year, a few openings as high as 70 MHz , but no Band II FMDX except for one day wh...